Unless You Will Journal is a 168-page digital publication (PDF) for lovers of photography and visual arts.
You choose what you pay and we share the profits with our five featured artists + two causes we care about.
Be inspired. Support artists. Feel good! Download now.
- Alec Soth (United States) looks back on the journeys that resulted in LBM Dispatch, and considers the ethical problems that arise when photographers depend on travel to make work.
- Sophie Gabrielle (Australia) discusses how she’s processing our pandemic’s demonisation of intimacy through London’s Wellcome Collection archives.
- Kevin Osepa (Netherlands) reflects on how he plays with dualities in his visuals, addressing the cultural complexities of spirituality, sexuality, and colonialism.
- Dimitra Dede (Greece) takes us through her years-long photographic exorcism of psychosomatic reactions to grief, embodied through the destruction of her own negatives.
- Bharat Sikka (India) invites us to look at his work-in-progress about youth culture in India, explaining how it’s an extension of his past work on the solitude of masculinity.
"It’s such an amazing collection and it speaks to me so much about what’s been happening over the past months. The section about touch and intimacy is so moving. Thank you!”
“I am in love. Thank you! Your interview with Dimitra Dede has me so inspired and in awe. I am thinking about setting up a darkroom in my laundry today because of her!”
“I look forward to browsing the sh*t out the journal. Even it if would turn out that I don’t like it, I would still feel glad to reward creativity, bravery and authenticity”
“An American photographer covering small-town USA. A Curaçao photographer exploring Curaçao culture. An Indian photographer making work about India’s middle class. This is what representation looks like, and it’s glorious!”
We pay royalties
All five photographers interviewed and published in Issue 31 will be paid a percentage of our profits. The more copies we sell, the more we pay each featured artist. Here’s the split:
- 30% Featured Artists (6% each)
- 54% Core Team (18% each)
- 10% Future Fund
- 6% Causes
Royalties are paid quarterly for 12 months, then all profits go to Unless You Will Future Fund.
Our vision is to be an invigorating and positive force in our community beyond Issue 31. With some funding in the kitty, we will be able to publish more editions of Unless You Will Journal and progress a few other ideas we have percolating.
We will donate a percentage of our profits to Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service and the Two-Spirited People of the First Nations to support the vital work both organisations are doing for Indigenous people in Australia and Canada.
One More Thing!
By buying Unless You Will ~ Issue 31 you are investing in the work of three creative freelancers and acknowledging the time and investment it takes to bring a quality independent publication from our desks to the people. You are also backing our mission to authentically support and champion artists beyond the promise of exposure, so kudos to you!